- Last Updated on Wednesday, 03 June 2015 16:09
Commitment to Student Success
At SMU, we are as committed to your dreams as you are. Throughout your ten semesters with us, we will do everything we can to ensure your success by supporting all aspects of your education and life.
- Low Student to Faculty Ratio: Class sizes are limited to a maximum of 50 students, allowing for close student-teacher interaction.
- Excellent Value: Tuition and fees at SMU are more than 40% below the average of U.S. medical schools.(Click here for more information)
- Focus on Teaching: Dedicated, talented faculty whose time commitments are focused on teaching and mentoring.
- Skills Training: Unique first semester Student Development Course, offering study skills, exam strategies, peer support, and stress management.
- Center for Learning Enhancement: Offers special faculty reviews and tutoring and student academic coaches. (Click here for more information)
- Center for Excellence in Medical Education: Educational workshops, clinical pathological conferences, and research in medical education. (Click here for more information)
- Student Mentors: Student mentors understand about adjusting to life in medical school, and are eager to see you succeed.
- MBA Program: Students can earn an MBA while completing their MD via Davenport University.(Click here for more information)