- Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 December 2016 14:19
Faculty members have in their collective careers published hundreds of papers spanning many years including publications in highly prestigious journals such as Nature and Science. The following lists only the recent publications of faculty for studies done at the School (often with international collaborators).
- 1. Basu A. and Biswas, S. K. (2014) USMLE Lecture Notes: Cardiovascular Pathology Kindle Edition, Amazon. November 18, 2014
- 2. Biswas S. K. and Basu A. (2015). Hematology Essentials eBook, Publisher - Amazon.com
- 3. Biswas S.K. ( 2012) A New Handy Approach to Emergency Medicine (2ND edition) Publisher: National Book Depot, Mumbai, India
- 4. Mavrych, V. and Bolgova, O. (2015). Photo Atlas of Anatomy, iBooks. May 16.
- 5. Mavrych, V. and Bolgova, O. (2015) Clinical Cases and Medical Images in Anatomy. iBooks July 3, 2015
- 6. Mavrych V, Bolgova O, Ganguly P, Kashchenko S (2014) Age-Related Changes of Lumbar Vertebral Body Morphometry. Austin J Anat.1(3): 1014
- 7. Mavrych, V., & Bolgova, O. (2013). New Horizons in Medical Education Technology. In P. Ganguly (ed.), Education in Anatomical Sciences (pp. 45-61). Hauppauge, NY: Nova Science Publishers.
- 8. Mavrych V., Bolgova O. and Sankova L. (2013) Age and gender specific characteristics of spongy bone architectonic in lumbar vertebral bodies FASEB J. 27, 518.1
Histology and Cellular Science.
- 9. Denieffe S, Kelly RJ, McDonald C, Lyons A, Lynch MA. Classical activation of microglia in CD200-deficient mice is a consequence of blood brain barrier permeability and infiltration of peripheral cells. Brain Behav Immun. 2013 Nov; 34:86-97.
- 10. Kelly RJ, Minogue AM, Lyons A, Jones RS, Browne TC, Costello DA, Denieffe S, O'Sullivan C, Connor TJ, Lynch MA. Glial Activation in AβPP/PS1 Mice is Associated with Infiltration of IFNγ-Producing Cells. J Alzheimers Dis. 2013 Jun 18.
Biochemsitry and Molecular Pathology.
- 11. Rawal A.K., Jagannadha R.P. (2016), Correlation between Glycated Hemoglobin and Serum Lipids in Type 2 Diabetics in Eastern Libya. 11(5): 1-7, Article no.BJMMR.18537 British Journal of Medicine & Medical Research
- 12. Kowluru RA, Santos JM, Zhong Q. Sirt1, A Negative Regulator of Matrix Metalloproteinase-9 in Diabetic Retinopathy. Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science, 2014; Jun 3. pii: IOVS-14-14383.
- 13. Kowluru RA, Zhong Q, Santos JM, Thandampallayam M, Putt D, Gierhart DL. Beneficial effects of nutritional supplements on the development of diabetic retinopathy. Nutrition & metabolism (London), 2014, 11(1):8.
- 14. Zhong Q, Mishra M, Kowluru RA. Transcription factor Nrf2-mediated antioxidant defense system in the development of diabetic retinopathy. Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science, 2013;54(6):3941-3948.
- 15. Zhong Q, Kowluru RA. Regulation of matrix metallopeptidase-9 by epigenetic modifications, and the development of diabetic retinopathy. Diabetes, 2013, 62(7), 2559-2568.
- 16. L.E. Maroun, A. Jagadeesh, L.B. Gutman, J.E.Ward, W.R. Tyor (2012). HIV associated dementia as a Surrogate Human Model for Down Syndrome Cognitive Difficulties, Dowen Syndrome Conference, April (2013)
- 17. Zhong Q, Kowluru RA. Epigenetic modification of Sod2 in the development of diabetic retinopathy and in the metabolic memory: Role of histone methylation. Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science, 2013, 54(4):244-250.
Pharmacology and Pharmaceutical Science
- 18. Rawal A.K., Jagannadha R. P. (2016) A Review on Prescribing Patterns of Antihypertensive Drugs.Clinical Hypertension Biomed Central (in press).
- 19. Robson, B (2013) The Concept of Novel Compositions of Matter. A Theoretical Analysis. Intellectual Property Rights (1:108. doi: 10.4172/ipr.1000108) http://esciencecentral.org/journals/the-concept-of-novel-compositions-of-matter-a-theoretical-analysis-ipr.1000108.php
- 20. Robson, B. (2013) Towards New Tools for Pharmacoepidemiology, Advances in Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety, 1:6, http://dx.doi.org/10.4172/2167-1052.100012
Biomedical Data Management, Evidence Based Medicine, and Biostatistics.
- 21. Robson, B. (2016). Studies in Using a Universal Exchange and Inference Language for Evidence Based Medicine. Semi-Automated Learning and Reasoning for PICO Methodology, Systematic Review, and Environmental Epidemiology. Computers in Biology and Medicine, in press, available in preliminary electronic form from the journal at https://authors.elsevier.com/TrackPaper.html ?trk_article= CBM2518&trk_ surname= Robson
- 22. Robson, B. and Boray, S. (2015). Implementation of a web based universal exchange and inference language for medicine. Sparse data, probabilities and inference in data mining of clinical data repositories, Computers in Biology and Medicine, Vol 62, 82-102.
- 23. Robson, B. (2015) The Q-UEL Universal Exchange Language. Relevance to VistA, Population Analytics, and the OSEHRA Roadmap. OSEHRA Open Source Electronic Health Record Alliance Summit 2015, Bethesda, USA. https://www.osehra.org/sites/default/files/Q-UEL_Universal.pdf
- 24. Deckelman, S., and Robson, B. (2014) Split-Complex Numbers and Dirac Bra-Kets, Vol. 150, (2014). Split-Complex Numbers and Dirac Bra-Kets, Vol. 14:3, 135-149, Communications in Information and Systems (CIS).
- 25. Robson, B., Caruso, T, and Balis, U. G. J. (2014) Suggestions for a Web Based Universal Exchange and Inference Language for Medicine. Continuity of Patient Care with PCAST Disaggregation.Computers in Biology and Medicine, 56: 51–66.
- 26. Robson, B. (2014) POPPER, a Simple Programming Language for Probabilistic Semantic Inference in Medicine. Computers in Biology and Medicine, Vol 56: 107-23
- 27. Robson, B. (2014) Hyperbolic Dirac Nets for Medical Decision Support. Theory, Methods, and Comparison with Bayes Nets, Computers in Biology and Medicine, 51:183-97.
- 28. Robson, B., Caruso, P. T, and Balis, U. G. J. (2013) Suggestions for a Web Based Universal Exchange and Inference Language for Medicine, Computers in Biology and Medicine Vol 43(12):2297-310.). Also found in preliminary form, with permission of the Editor-in-Chief, at the US Government S&I website:- http://wiki.siframework.org/file/view/UELRobson102corrections.pdf/451304614/UELRobson102corrections.pdf
- 29. Robson, B, and TP Caruso (2013) A Universal Exchange Language for Healthcare MedInfo ’13: Proceedings of the 14th World Congress on Medical and Health Informatics, Copenhagen, Denmark, Edited by CU Lehmann, E Ammenwerth, and C Nohr. IOS Press, Washington, DC, USA.
- 30. Robson, B (2013) Rethinking Global Interoperability in Healthcare. Reflections and Experiments of an e-Epidemiologist from Clinical Record to Smart Medical Semantic Web Johns Hopkins Grand Rounds Lectures http://webcast.jhu.edu/Mediasite/Play/80245ac77f9d4fe0a2a2bbf300caa8be1d
Behavioral and Education Science, and Human and Machine Learning Studies.
- 31. Mavrych V (2016) Modern Trends in Clinical Anatomy Teaching. MOJ Anat Physiol 2(1): 00035. DOI: 10.15406/mojap.2016.02.00035
- 32. Basu, A., Biswas, S K. Raam, J. Benefits of the students who grade pathology assignments of their near-peers, Journal of Federation for American Societies of Experimental Biology ( FASEB ) April 2016, 30:776.17 April 2016
- 33. Robson, B., and Boray, S (2016), Data-Mining to Build a Knowledge Representation Store for Clinical Decision Support. Studies on Curation and Validation based on Machine Performance in Multiple Choice Medical Licensing Examinations. Computers in Biology and Medicine, Vol 73, 71-93.
- 34. Robson, B, and Boray, S. (2015), Interesting Things for Computer Systems to Do: Keeping and Data Mining Millions of Patient Records, Guiding Patients and Physicians, and Passing Medical Licensing Exams. Proceedings of the IEEE International conference of Bioinformatics and Biomedicine, 9th-11th November, 2015 Washington DC (in press).
- 35. Jagadeesh A, Mavrych V, Bolgova O, Maroun L, Rajasekaran S.K. (2015) Student Evaluation of Case Studies. The FASEB Journal. 2015;29:687.29
- 36. Zhong Q, and Mohanram M. A. (2015) Comparison of learning resources for Medical Pharmacology in a Caribbean Medical School. e-Journal MedEd Publish. 2015,4:8. http://www.mededworld.org/MedEdWorld-Papers.aspx?search=Caribbean
- 37. Zhong Q, Ram A. (2015) Innovation of teaching cardiovascular pharmacology based on students’ feedback. Joint American Association of College of Osteopathic Medicine & Association of Osteopathic Directors and Medical Educators (AACOM&AODME) Annual Conference, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA, PO UG8 (2015). http://www.aacom.org/news-and-events/conference/past-conferences/2015-AC/posters http://www.aacom.org/docs/default-source/2015-annual-conference/p-innovationofteaching_zhong.pdf?sfvrsn=2
- 38. L.E. Maroun, J. Ward, A. Jagadeesh, A.M. Ram, C. Fritz-French, R. Shawahna, R. Koneru, and W.R. Tyor, (2015) In vivo Test of a Novel Agent for Treating Interferon Related Cognitive Difficulties, Poster Presentation at the Trisomy 21 Research Conference, June 5th, 2015, Paris, France
- 39. Biswas. S.K. Basu A. Evaluation of the effectiveness of Team based Learning in Pathology in a Caribbean medical school. American Journal of Clinical Pathologists(AJCP) – Am J Clin Pathol 2014;142:A076
- 40. Basu A, Biswas SK, Lyons A, (2013), Effectiveness of Team based learning in Pathology teaching ‘ in Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE) Annual conference, 2013 at Prague, Czech Republic in August 2013 Poster presentation
- 41. Zhong Q and Ram, A. (2013) A. Learning Medical Pharmacology: A survey of students’ perceptions and experience. Presented on 18th IAMSE (International Association of Medical Science Educator) Annual Meeting, Nashville, Tennessee, USA, June 7-10, 2014, poster ID:107. http://www.iamseconference.org/ http://iamse.org/conf/conf18/assessment.html
- 42. Mavrych, V., and Bolgova, O. (2013). New Horizons in Medical Education Technology. In P. Ganguly (ed.), Education in Anatomical Sciences (pp. 45-61). Hauppauge, NY: Nova Science Publishers.
Environmental Health and Biological Resources
- 43. Austin, J. T., Ochoa-Vargas G. Bothwell J., Fowns, C. A., Lawson, A. Risk, M., Taylor, M. Thrusfield, S, M., Work, Woodley, C. M. (2015) Guidance for an Epidemiological Strategy and Establishing a Disease Surveillance Network for Caribbean Acropora palmate. NOAA Technical Memorandum NOS NCCOS 197 and CRCP 21. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Charleston, SC.
- 44. Robson B. and Boray, S. (2016), Studies of the Role of a Smart Web for Precision Medicine Supported by Biobanking, Personalized Medicine, 13, No. 4, Pages 361-380 and Biobanking 5-7th Jan 2016, O2 Center, London, EuroSciCon, Proceedings.